Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rose Bowl...walk 8.19.09

After spending and ending so many vacations with foot pain and blisters, I decided I need to take my shoes shopping seriously. No more shoes off the sales rack for me. After stopping at a few stores, I ended up at New Balance. I got my foot measured, my walk analyzed, and some shoes recommendations. I already know that I have flat feet, but what I didn't know was that my feet is wider than normal. I'm around a 2E instead of a standard D. Needless to say these are the most I paid for shoes without cleats or skates on it. It's one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I had in quite a long time. So, just to make sure there would be no issue, I ditch my bike on my usual Wednesday ride for a walk around the Rose Bowl. I had Haley dog with me to keep me company and a little extra workout. I went at a good pace, and finish the three mile loop in about 50 min. Afterwards, there was no strange foot pain or blister, which is what I was hoping for. But ended up with a sore knee instead. Probably from the extra push. For now I say, it's because I always have some knee issue, and haven't work out my legs on the ground for a couple of years.

Wish I didn't forget my monitor. Wonder how much cal I burned walking?

No comments: